Our Lady of the Lakes Council was chartered on November 4, 1971 through the tireless and visionary efforts of the council's founding members, notably including our first Grand Knight, Angelo Trongone (Nov. 29, 1926 - Jan. 16, 2015). On May 22, 2015, our building was dedicated in his memory.
Since the majority of the members at that time (as at present) lived in the towns of Carmel and Kent, the Council was named "Our Lady of the Lakes," recognizing Lake Gleneida and Lake Carmel, respectively, and honoring Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
Our Council is proud to work closely with St. James the Apostle and Our Lady of the Lake/Mount Carmel parish. Our Knights are very active participants in parish life, volunteering and raising funds for numerous and diverse parish projects and programs, as well as for other worthy local, state and national charities.