Putnam County Golf Course was designed by golf architect William F. Mitchell and first opened in 1959 as Putnam Country Club. Mr. Mitchell used the natural landscape of the property in his design resulting in rolling fairways and dramatic elevation changes. The Club remained private for many years throughout a variety of ownership changes and was eventually renamed The Country Club at Lake MacGregor for the lake adjacent to the property.
The golf course and surrounding property was purchased by Putnam County in 2004 becoming the first municipally owned golf course of the county. The natural scenic beauty of the property coupled with a challenging 18 hole championship golf course has made Putnam County Golf Course a popular venue for area golfers. It is truly where “Golf meets the scenic beauty of the Lower Hudson Valley”.
Golfers can embrace the elaborate
18-hole course over 6,779 yards that challenges players with a par of 71.
Cart options are available as are season passes. There is also special
pricing for off-peak, senior and resident players.
-Open to the Public-